Yup, I'm still here, and the blog is still running.
I've been away for quite a while. The weeks fly by, blog posts don't get done, and I get sad. So I'm back, and hoping to get back to some consistency. So, let me explain what I've been up to lately that has taken my time away from the blog...
First of all, I submitted my application for my graduate program at Eastern Michigan University. (Yay!) Now just (im)patiently waiting the arrival of what I hope is an acceptance letter.
Second, I moved! That is such a process in itself. Still trying to get things organized and make this place "home-y."
Third, and the most important thing I want to share, ABS SO FRUITLY IS NOW A BUSINESS!!! At the beginning of the year, I put some things together, got a DBA, and even opened a business bank account! So, I am now offering nutrition, fitness and overall wellness services. I have been doing fitness and nutrition consultations, meal plans, nutrition analyses; I have been one busy girl! But, busy or not, I'm loving what I'm doing now and so excited that I have already been lucky enough to help some people out on their pursuit of healthiness.
So here's a little break down of what Abs So Fruitly has to offer:
- Nutrition Assessments - Taking a look at past and present eating habits, personal, family and medical history, analyzing a 24 hour food recall and optional body fat analysis in order to come up with some modifications and a sample 1-day meal plan.
- Follow Up - How are you progressing? Have you reached any goals? Are there any obstacles we need to overcome? Can we move on to new goals?
- Food Log Analysis - Ever wonder if how you're eating meets your daily needs or if the types of foods you're eating are working for or against you? An analysis of a 1-2 day food log will give you ideas of what changes may need to be made in your diet.
- Informational/Educational Meetings - For those that need just a little bit of nutrition knowledge or would like to learn more about how food works with the body.
- E-mail/Phone/Skype - Set up an appointment to ask questions or get suggestions.
- 4 - Week Meal Plans - We will come up with a personalized meal plan that includes foods you like, common foods you eat, or things you want to try to fit into your daily needs.
- Fitness Assessment - Where do you stand as far as physical fitness? I'll find out more about you, your schedule, habits, current activity level, likes, and dislikes in order to give you suggestions of what to do to become healthier and more physically fit.
- Weekly Fitness Plans - A personalized plan based on what you have available to you. Whether you go to the gym, workout at home, have access to machines, or just use body weight, we will make sure that you have a week worth of workouts to target the entire body.
- Personal Training - If you need the extra motivation and accountability factor, we can put together a plan and meet in person to perform exercises and meet your fitness goals.
- Overall Wellness - Need a little bit of everything? We can make that happen! Pairing exercise with diet is the best way to see results and make the healthiest human possible.
While I do have a degree in exercise science, I am not a registered dietitian, but rather aspiring to be. That being said, I am confident in the knowledge I have had from my previous education, my own research, volunteer and internship experiences, and continuing education that I can give you the tools you need to become healthier. To reinforce my knowledge, and help you share the same confidence in me that I have in myself, I am currently completing a nutrition and wellness certification. Even though in approximately two years I will be ready to become a registered dietitian (if this letter ever comes...), I want to make sure that I have an adequate education to provide clients with the best information. If I don't know something, I know where to go or who to ask to find it!
For more information on my services, check out the services page!
And, if you have ANY questions, be sure to e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I love hearing from you and answering your questions!